- pineapple- contains the enzyme bromelain, which is an anti-inflamitory and aids digestion by breaking down proteins. It is concentrated in the core of the pineapple so be sure not to cut that part out!
- papaya- contains the digestive enzyme papain. Papaya also contains plenty of fiber and vitamins A, E, and C!
- spirulina- a blue-green algae grown right here in hawaii! spirulina is considered a super food because it benefits the entire body in many ways. It is loaded with enzymes, chlorophyll, B vitamins, and packed with protein. It has been around for billions of years, and its benefits have been studied intensely.
- chia seeds- another super food packed with nutrients. Above all, chia seeds are known for their omega-3 fatty acids and tons of protein.
- 1/2 frozen banana
- a few chunks frozen pineapple
- one half of a ripe papaya (depending on the size of course, some papayas on this island are as big as babies!)
- a few teaspoons chia gel
- one tablespoon coconut oil
- one teaspoon spirulina powder
Place all ingredients in your blender, and add almond milk to the top of the fruit. Blend, and top with granola, yum...