- 8 oz tofu (I used firm because that is what I always buy, if you use silken tofu you probably won't need any water)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar (I use coconut sugar because again, it's the only kind I buy!)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
Drain tofu and cut into chunks. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until super smooth, the smoother it is, the more mayo-like it is.
- a few cloves of garlic and fresh basil for an aioli
- some wasabi for a sushi garnish
- smoked paprika and a dash of cumin
- dijon mustard (to make a two in one sandwich spread)
- and any other flavor combos you want to add to your meal!
Here I have added wasabi to a bit of tofu mayo to go in my temaki! Instead of putting sliced tofu in my sushi hand rolls I just packed them with veggies and turmeric rice, with a dollop of wasabi + tofu mayo on top, yum!
This recipe is coming soon! Along with some more vegan sushi ideas, so stay tuned :)